Cleanings and Exams
Dental cleanings and exams are an important time for both dentist and patient, as we plan preventive measures, diagnose existing conditions, and begin treatment. During a teeth cleaning we:
- Remove built-up plaque and tartar as we clean each tooth
- Take a series of X-rays to detect decay and other abnormalities
- Perform screening for oral cancer and gum disease evaluation
- Check each tooth for signs of decay
- Examine existing filling and cavities for needed repairs
- Polish teeth
This visit with our dentist and team is also a great time to review your dental history and ask any questions you may have about the health of your smile. We suggest coming to our office at least once every six months for a dental cleaning and exam. If you are due for a dental cleaning, give us a call.
We recommend receiving regular fluoride treatments to help strengthen your enamel and reverse the effects of tooth decay. Fluoride treatments can also help children develop strong, healthy teeth for years to come.
Creating a relationship with a dentist when your child is young is critical. We are able to assess early stages of tooth decay and monitor your child’s oral health.